平和英语村 >  英语学习 >  商务英语

商务英语学习:如何取消会议

时间:2019-09-21 11:11:59  作者:Myron

 

B 1.jpg

 

 

       在我们的日常工作中,有时候很多原本预定的会议会因为某些原因取消或者延迟。这在商务活动中,也是家常便饭的事,那今天我们就来学习一下在商务英语里怎么样表达取消会议的英语句型。


A: I'm truly sorry about this, but we are going to have to cancel tomorrow's meeting.

      我实在很抱歉,我们明天的会议必须取消. 


B: That can't be! You know fully well how important it is. You gave me the green light justtwo days ago. 

      这怎么可以呢!你很清楚这个会议的重要性.两天前还说没问题的. 


A:  I know. But there's really nothing that can be done about it. The A/V equipment has beendamaged, and can't be fixed on such short time. 

      我知道.但我实在无能为力.视听器材受损,无法在一两天内维修.


B:  Mr. Sun is going to hit the roof when he hears about it. These negotiations are toughand this just might push them over the brink. 

      夏先生知道这件事会气得跳脚.这些生意谈得很不稳,如此一来可能就砸了. 


A:  I've told all departments of the cancellation and rescheduled with the client for Friday. 

      我已经通知各部门会议要取消,也和客户改约在星期三. 


B:  I'd better call the client again myself and offer my apologies. 

      我最好亲自再打通电话向客户致歉. 


A:  Mr. Xia will be out of the office this afternoon. You`ll have to tell him first. 

      夏先生下午会出去.你最好先告诉他. 


B:  I see. I`ll go to his office at once. 

      我知道了.我马上去他办公室. 


重点解析

 

1.You gave me the green light just two days ago. 


从字面上的呃意思就可以看出,'give sb/sth the green light'就是给某人开绿灯的意思,也就是允许某人做某事.这个表达法原指交通灯转绿即表示可以通行.亦可以说成是:give the green light to sb/sth.


The government has decided to give the green light to the plan. 政府已决定为这项计划开绿灯.


若要表达"得到许可(做某事)",就可以说'get the green light'.


As soon as we get the green light, we'll start advertising for new staff. 一得到许可,我们就将开始打广告招募新员工.


2. Mr. Sun is going to hit the roof when he hears about it.


'hit the roof'就是火冒三丈,勃然大怒的意思.


Everytime I mention Patricia, Sam hits the roof. 每次我提到帕特里夏,萨姆就暴跳如雷.


These negotiations are tough and this just might push them over the brink. 


3. Brink: if you are on the brink of something, you are almost in a very new, dangerous or exciting situation(...的)边缘;(...的)初始状态 


on the brink of collapse/war/death/disaster 濒于崩溃╱战争╱死亡╱灾难


Scientists are on the brink of making a major new discovery. 科学家很快就会有新的重大发现.


He's pulled the company back from the brink (= he has saved it from disaster). 他使公司起死回生.

 


本文链接:https://m.pinghe.com/english_learning/best/7523.html
马上评估您的学习费用

 

学英语目的

 

可支配学习时长

 

英语"666" 生活职场胜一筹

立即领取秋季奖学优惠

*己有326人领取优惠

免费咨询
拨打电话